PURCHASE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE IS NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY AND CONNECTICUT WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1) ENTRY PERIOD: The New York Taste Chile 2013 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts July 22, 2013 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends August 16, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period").
2) WHO CAN ENTER? This Sweepstakes is offered and open only to persons legally residing in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age on the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. Officers, directors and employees of Wines of Chile USA, SoHo Experiential, LLC, Marden-Kane, Inc., state alcohol beverage commissions, alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, and each of their respective parent (if any), subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, prize providers, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER: Purchase of Alcoholic Beverage is not required to participate. No entry/registration fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate. Any individual, who meets the eligibility requirement, wishes to enter the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entrant”) can do so by visiting www.tastechile2013.com at any point during the Entry Period. To enter, Entrants must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form provided. As part of the Sweepstakes entry process, Entrants will be required to indicate that they have read, accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules including that they are at least twenty-one (21) years of age on date of entry. Following these steps will earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entry Limit: one (1) entry per Entrant per day during the Entry Period. If any individual, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is suspected of submitting entries in excess of the disclosed maximum by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts, he/she will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes.
The name of the person submitting the Sweepstakes entry must be the authorized account holder of such e-mail address, otherwise the entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such e-mail address. It is the sole responsibility of any Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if he/she changes his/her e-mail or postal address during the Entry Period. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrant. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related e-mail or IP addresses may be blocked.
4) PRIZE DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about August 21, 2013 from among all eligible entries received to select one (1) potential winner. Random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone within three (3) business days of drawing using the e-mail address and/or phone number provided at time of entry. Potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) and a publicity release for receipt by Sponsor within three (3) days of notification. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time allowing.
6) GRAND PRIZE: One person (the “Prize Winner”) shall win a Sommelier Hosted Chilean-themed Wine Dinner for 10 to be redeemed in the New York City market. Restaurant will be at the discretion of the sponsor (winner to be provided up to 3 options to choose from). Combined dinner, sales tax and gratuities shall not exceed $3,000. Any fees exceeding $3,001 will be at the winner’s expense. Prize must be redeemed on one (1) bill following one (1) dining experience. All other expenses relating to acceptance of Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including, but not limited to, transportation and/or accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner and Guests. Any portion of the prize that is not redeemed during the dining experience will not be provided to the winner. Grand Prize must be redeemed between August 16, 2013 and September, 2013. Specifics of Grand Prize are subject to availability and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize will be furnished with prize notification. Reservations are subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply. Prize Winner and Guest(s) must dine together. The Guest(s) must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age as f date of dinner. Guest(s) must complete, and return a Guest Publicity Release (collectively, the “Guest Release Form”). If Guest Release Forms are not returned within the required number of days, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Promotion Parties shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded herein. Total estimated retail value of prize is $3,000. Actual value may vary. Prize is non-transferable; no substitutions or cash awards allowed, except at the discretion of Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All applicable federal, state, or other tax liabilities are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. The value of a prize a winner receives will be taxable to such winner as income. Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner, for the actual total value of the prize received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any winner or potential winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize any prize as described herein. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of Prize Winner. No more than one prize will be awarded.
7) CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from www.tastechile2013.com throughout the Entry Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike, disruptive, and/or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination.
9) RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Wines of Chile USA, SoHo Experiential, LLC, Marden-Kane, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertising, promotional or judging agencies and Facebook Inc., from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes page; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Except where prohibited by law, Prize Winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at the Web Site) the Prize Winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10) WHO WON? To request the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after August 30, 2013, send an e-mail with subject line: "Taste Chile NY Prize Winners" to email@example.com. All such requests must be received by September 13, 2013.
11) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Wines of Chile USA, 221 Centre Street, New York, NY 10013. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 1055 Franklin Avenue, Suite 300, Garden City, NY 11530.
The New York “Taste Chile” 2013 Sweepstakes is not associated with or a sponsor of the NYC Go Restaurant Week.